Sunday, May 10, 2009

Date Night

Saturday night the Gabel's were nice enough to babysit so we could go out for dinner. They also gave us a Gift Certificate to a steakhouse called Bryant & Cooper. We had an 8:30 reservation. We arrived on time and the place was PACKED. After waiting for 15 minutes just to check in we made it to the bar for a cocktail. Finally around 9:30 we sat down. We were glad we had a gift certificate otherwise we would have left. We ordered our meal and the steaks were overcooked; Ivan was not thrilled but I kept telling him we have a gift certificate and we were probably never coming back. My steak was great (which I shared w/ Ivan and he agreed) the creamed spinach may have been the best I ever had and the oysters were amazing. The food was wonderful. We decided to skip dessert. Ivan asked for the check and I went to the ladies room. When I returned I helped Ivan leave the appropriate tip (after 3 drinks he couldn't calculate correctly) and then we headed on our way. As we were in the car, Ivan turned to me and said, "you wanna hear something so funny".... WE FORGOT TO USE THE GIFT CERTIFICATE!

Guess we will be dining again at Bryant & Cooper after all!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hot Gabels! That is so funny you didn't use the gift certificate. Maybe you can use it all on creamed spinach and oysters next time?
T - YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!